Surrender to the elegance of this 6,000+ square foot Late Victorian-Second Empire manor home. MacAlpine was originally constructed for the prominent attorney, James MacKubin, in 1868, and his stock broker son, George, went on to establish Legg-Mason and other successful companies. Macalpine boasts 6 bedrooms, not including 4 large rooms suitable for bedrooms on the third floor, an open gourmet kitchen with state-of-the-art appliances, and elegant parlors & a dining room with ample seating for the most elaborate dinner parties. From the beautiful hardwood floors to the spacious rooms with large bay windows, this magnificent manor exudes sophistication and old world charm from top to bottom. Located minutes from historic Ellicott City on nearly an acre of land with mature trees and colorful gardens in a charming neighborhood, MacAlpine is a Victorian masterpiece of rare and beautiful distinction, close to Baltimore & DC, yet a world away.
Single Family, Other
2 Full/1 Half
Other, Gas Water Heater, Public Water Service
6,124 sq. ft
Yes -1 space
Howard County Public School System
Detailed Room Information
- Family Room, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Storage, Sitting Room, Foyer, Office, Mud Room
- Gourmet Kitchen
- Square FootageAbove (approx)
- 6,124 Sq. Ft. Above Ground. Sq. Ft. Below Ground.
- Central Air, Electric, Whole House Fan, Geo-Thermal
- Gas Heat. Geothermal, Forced Air.
- Entrance Outside
- 4. Brick, Mantle, Marble, Fireplace.
- Additional Interior Features
- Recessed Lights, Wood Floors
Exterior / Lot Features
- 1 Carport Spaces. 1 Parking Spaces. Circular Driveway, Driveway.
- Metal, Asphalt
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Front Yard, Landscaped, Back Yard, Side Yard.
Data Provided by Onboard
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price
Arrows indicate 90 day trend
Source: Bright MLS